Position Title: Office Manager, North Manchester Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Category: Part time, Average 25 hours per week
Compensation: $11.00 per hour
Business Description: The North Manchester Chamber of Commerce advances the business and community interests of North Manchester and the region through advocacy, member services and community enhancements to promote a unified public spirit and quality of community life.
At-will Employer: The North Manchester Chamber of Commerce (NMCC) is an at-will employer. If hired, your employment with NMCC is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or NMCC at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in these policies shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of NMCC employees.
This policy of employment-at-will may not be modified by any officer or employee and shall not be modified in any publication or document. The only exception to this policy is a written employment agreement approved by the Board of Directors of NMCC.
Position Description: The Office Manager has primary responsibility for daily office operations. He/she is the front-line person at the North Manchester Chamber of Commerce, and must be friendly and helpful, willing to put forth extra effort to help customers, members and visitors. The Office Manager must be able to work under pressure and be able to multi-task while maintaining accuracy.
The ideal candidate must have excellent clerical and customer service skills experience, including computer competency as indicated below. This position is primarily administrative in nature but will also include significant elements of work in public relations, information and member services areas. Further, the Office Manager, with the Executive Director, will play an important role in membership recruitment and retention.
Essential Job Duties
- Passionate about the Chamber program; positive about North Manchester and its surrounding communities.
- Promptly greets Members, visitors, and Board of Directors; represents the Chamber in a professional, positive, outgoing, helpful manner.
- Professionally and promptly answers phone calls, emails and records messages as needed.
- Respond to inquiries about our events and member organizations; make referrals when appropriate.
- Responsible for all aspects of event reservations, including processing requests, updating facilities calendars, and other record keeping.
- Maintain the organization’s records/filing system by archiving, filing, and organizing information, such as membership contact databases, financial information (dues, donations, in-kind), event information, etc.
- Assists with recording payments, prepares and makes bank deposits.
- Operates office machines, including but not limited to computer, fax, scanner, camera and photocopier.
- Prepares for and maintains records of specific Chamber events as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assists with the collection of data for annual, quarterly, monthly and as needed publications to promote Chamber members and program.
- Prepares mailings.
- Maintains office procedure manual.
- Ensures the office building stays organized and clean, including maintaining bulletin boards and information racks.
- Maintains and orders necessary office supplies.
- Active and engaged in Chamber events as needed. Assists with room set-up (may involve moving furniture up to 40 lbs.) and clean-up.
- Ability to drive to purchase items for office, take mailings to post office, deposits to bank, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year relevant experience.
- Professional with a dedication to clear communication and prompt follow up.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), social media, database, Publisher and Outlook.
- Ability to learn computer applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully in English.
- Organized, attentive to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to self-initiate.
- Takes direction and works well with the Executive Director and others. Can be flexible when needed.
- Must have the ability to safely lift 40 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience with website editing, as well as social media.
This is a part-time position equaling no more than 25 hours per week unless circumstances require otherwise. Additional hours may be required during special events and heavy work periods, such as preparing for Chamber events. The majority of incumbent’s time is spent in an indoor office environment. Must be able to read reports and use office equipment, including computer, copier, and fax machine; answer the telephone; vision is required for special event activity. The incumbent will be expected to work at most Chamber events, which could involve some outdoor activity in possibly hot, humid, or rainy weather; and may occur outside of or in addition to normal working hours.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Please send a resume to Debra Pyrah, Executive Director, at , or drop it off at the North Manchester Chamber of Commerce, no later than August 31, 2017. The office is located at 109 N. Market St., North Manchester, IN 46962.